Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Beth's Birthday Love Challenge

This May I turn 31.

It just so happens that there are also 31 days in May. :)

If you know me at all, you know I like to celebrate and throw big birthday shin-digs. This year I want focus on what is important in life. It isn't relationship status, social status, or achievements, but what is most important is love.

Matthew 22:37-39: "Jesus replied: Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the greatest commandment. And the second is like it: Love your neighbor as yourself."

Love God
Love others
Love yourself

In the spirit of focusing on loving God, others and myself, I am doing a 31-Day Love Challenge for my birthday! :)

Will you join me??

I will post a schedule of what to focus on each day. Many of the items you can do on your own, some of them we can do together. A lot of them are silly little birthday shenanigans because I love that sort of thing. You can challenge yourself to do all 31 days, or just choose the ones you like. Some will be easy, some will be hard, many will be fun!

Not a Christian? That's okay! For the God-focused days I will be creating substitutes for those who have different beliefs.

If you are on Facebook, please join my Facebook group, Beth's Birthday Love Challenge. There you will be able to post pictures and share stories about your love adventures, as well as find information about some birthday challenges we can do together.

If you aren't on Facebook, then simply follow this blog. I will use it to post updates, and you can comment on my posts to share your experiences.

I am so excited about this and really hope you can join me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment